Hi Kerry. I'm doing some stuff on Pinterest and need your help claiming my domain name. I am sending you both the meta tag and html file. Can you insert them on my site please.
The Blog Mechanic
Hi Leigh. I've added the meta tag to your theme and uploaded the html file to the root of your server. You should be able to claim your website now. Let me know if you have any questions.
Only 3 Open Slots Left
note: due to the personalized nature of the website care plans, places are limited and available only through application.
Your WordPress Blog Is Crucial To The Success Of Your Online Business
Your blog is the engine that powers your entire online business. It generates leads, customers and revenue. It's also a channel of communication through which potential business partners and sponsors will use to find and connect with you. It is fundamental to your success and you want peace of mind knowing that it is available online and running smoothly for your audience 24/7 without interruption.
More Than 5000 WordPress Websites Get Hacked Everyday
Don't make the mistake of thinking that site hacking only happens to other people and not you. Hackers are everywhere and they are ruthless. They don't care how new or old a website is, who it belongs to, or how much money it makes - they just get a buzz out of destroying any website they can, and WordPress is an easy target. Take action now before it's too late.
Software Updates Are Unpredictable
All software needs updating, including the software that powers WordPress, but you MUST be careful. If you don’t perform updates properly you run the risk of breaking important website functionality, or even worse, breaking your blog completely. The fear of an update breaking something often means people don't keep plugins, themes and WordPress core up to date but that's crazy. Updates fix bugs and security vulnerabilities. If you’re not doing updates, you are intentionally leaving your site vulnerable to hacks and attacks.
Blog Development Never Ends
Creating a blog is not like creating a product or service that has a clear finite end of completion. With a blog there will ALWAYS be something new that demands your time and attention such as ...
- adding new features
- content changes
- design edits
- bug fixes
- performance issues
- And many more small development tasks
Your time is precious and should be spent on more important matters such as creating great content, building an audience, and interacting with your customers - not logging into WordPress to make changes and troubleshoot issues.
What Do I Offer?
Each month I will proactively take care of all essential WordPress maintenance tasks needed to keep your blog secure, loading fast, and running smoothly. Enjoy peace of mind.
I will perform an unlimited number of small tasks on your website throughout the month, upon your request, as and when needed, freeing up your time to do what you do best.
Website Care Plan Services That Make Your Life Easier
Essential Maintenance and Reports
Each month, to keep your blog secure, loading fast and running smoothly, I will perform my essential maintenance checklist. This includes backups, updates, security, uptime monitoring, find and fix 404 broken links, spam & post revision clean up, database optimisation and more. All of this is detailed in a monthly email report.
Unlimited Small Jobs
Need help publishing a new blog post? Adding a new plugin? A photo gallery? A testimonials section? Increasing font size? Adding a new page or WooCommerce product? Installing Google Analytics? And More? You got it! Just tell me what you want when you want it, and I'll do it.
Expert Advice and Guidance
I am here to provide you with technical guidance, advice and the answers you need to achieve your website goals. Don't waste your time looking for answers on Google. Just ask questions when they pop up and get quick answers via email.
Site Speed Optimisation
Slow websites get penalised by Google. That means less organic traffic for your blog. And research shows that a tiny 1 second delay in load time can lead to a 7% loss in revenue. To make sure this doesn't happen to you, each month I will perform a site speed audit and fix any found issues that may be making your blog load slowly.
Development Support Time
Development Support is great for occasions when you need help with more than small website changes, or when you have a task that happens outside of your WordPress install such as migrating between web hosts, formatting sales copy, scheduling email broadcasts, and more. Unused support time rollsover month-to-month and can be used to work on a bigger project at a later time should you choose to do so.
Plans and Pricing
note: due to the personalized nature of the website care plans, places are limited and available only through application. Apply below.
- 3 Small Jobs Per Month For 1 Website
*see small job examples
- 1 Job Request at a Time
- Jobs Completed In 2 to 3 Days ? Small job requests will be processed and completed within 2 to 3 business days, Monday to Thursday and Sunday.
- Daily Cloud Backups ? Every day, I make a full backup of your website files and database and store it on encrypted servers. I keep a 90 day backup archive. If something out of the ordinary ever happens to your site, just email me. I’ll have your site back online in no time.
- Managed Software Updates ? I closely monitor your blog for available WordPress core, plugin and theme updates. All software updates are carefully tested on a secure staging area first for compatibility issues before applying them to your live site. You’ll never have to worry about an update breaking your blog ever again.
- Uptime Monitoring ? If your website goes offline for any reason I will be notified. I will investigate the cause and start working on a solution to fix it where necessary. If I notice your website is going offline frequently, I will make suggestions to fix that.
- 24/7 Security Monitoring & Hack Cleanup ? Hackers are everywhere and they love causing trouble. I tighten potential security holes and use the best malware monitoring tools on the web, and act fast to fix new issues as soon as they are detected. In the rare instance a site does get hacked, I clean it up for you too.
- Expert Advice & Guidance ? I am here to provide you with technical guidance, advice and the answers you need to achieve your website goals. Don't waste your time looking for answers on Google. Just ask questions when they pop up and get quick answers via email.
- Detailed Monthly Report ? On the 1st of each month I will send you a detailed pdf report via email listing all essential maintenance tasks performed on your WordPress blog the month before.
minimum 3 months signup
- Everything In The STANDARD Plan Plus
- Unlimited Small Jobs For 1 Website
*see small job examples
- up to 3 Jobs at a Time
- Jobs Completed In 1 to 2 Days? On the Unlimited plan you can submit more jobs at once than Standard plan members, and get those jobs completed in half the time for a speedier service. Your job requests will be processed and completed in 1 to 2 business days, Monday to Thursday, and Sunday.
- Site Speed Optimisation? To keep your blog loading fast, each month I analyse the load time of your website and fix any issues that are causing it to load slowly.
- Find and Fix 404 Broken Links? Websites with broken links not only get lower rankings in Google’s search results, they are bad for user experience too. I monitor your site for broken links and quickly fix them before Google or your readers even notice.
- Database Cleanup? As you use WordPress, your database accumulates a lot of extra data such as post revisions, spam comments, trashed comments, and data from plugins. This adds bloat to your database, causing the WP admin area to work slowly. I clean up the mess so you don’t have to.
minimum 3 months signup
- Everything In The UNLIMITED Plan Plus
- Priority Support? Get your support request pushed to the front of the line every single time for a speedy service
- 1 Development Support Hour? Need help with a task that takes longer than 30 minutes to complete or a task that happens outside of your WordPress install such as migrating a site between web hosts? I can still help! With your dedicated support time you can request help with the majority of your blog tech needs. Or you can save it up and use it to work on a bigger project at a later time.
- Tasks Outside Of WordPress Install
- Monthly Site Review For Improvements ? Each month I will audit your website looking for ways to improve it and provide you with a detailed report of suggestions. You can then choose if you want to use your dedicated support time to make the recommended changes.
- Support Hours Discount? Should you need additional support on top of what’s included in the VIP care plan, you get a special discount that only offered to VIP members.
*Prices may be subject to EU VAT if applicable
Will you support more than one site?
My monthly support plans are just for the one website. You are welcome to sign up twice if you have two sites.
How can you provide unlimited support for monthly clients?
Glad you asked! I do work alone, so places are limited on the website care plans. That means I can keep all of my customers happy. I’m fair and I’ve found my monthly clients are fair as well. I support a reasonable number of tasks per client and I will let you know if you’re stretching the friendship.
What are your support hours?
I am based in Madeira, Portugal and my support hours are Monday through Thursday, and Sunday, 9am to 5pm WET
Are there limits to the tasks you do on the Website Care Plans?
To help make sure I can keep all of my customers happy, I only do small fixes and jobs. This means that 30 minute tasks are in scope and larger, more complex projects are out of scope.
What type of things qualify as a small job?
Making small website changes such as minor design edits, adding new features and updating content are the most common requests. Here’s a short list of examples.
Am I locked into a Contract?
Absolutely not! You can cancel any time. Just email me at kerry(at)theblogmechanic(dot)com and I will immediately stop the next payment.
How long does a task take to complete?
That depends on the plan you choose. On the Standard plan jobs take 2 to 3 days to complete. On the Unlimited plan, jobs are completed in 1 to 2 days, usually sooner.
What happens if a software update breaks my site?
The short answer is, I'll fix it. But that likely won't happen because I go out of my way to test updates and ensure no compatibility issues occur.
What happens if my site is hacked?
Truth is it's not possible to have a 100% secure website, but there are things we can do to make it extremely difficult for those dirty little gremlins to hack your site, and that's the whole purpose of my website care plans - preventive care.
I use the best security and malware monitoring tools on the web, and I act fast to remove malware as soon as it's detected. In the rare instance a website does get hacked whilst in my care, I will clean it for you.
What’s your refund policy?
No refunds are available after your purchased care plan package has been started.